Tajik president inaugurates new cement plant

cement-d5a

DUSHANBE (TCA) — Tajikistan President Emomali Rahmon on August 24 inaugurated a large cement plant of Jung-Tsai Mohir Cement Co. Ltd. located in the Yovon district, the presidential press service said.

Rahmon pressed the red button and gave an official start for the operation of the new plant.

The president laid the cornerstone for the plant’s construction on November 12, 2014.

The new plant was built at the initiative of Tajik entrepreneur Bahriddin Jurahonov on an area of 22 hectares. 958 million somoni of investments have been channeled for the construction of this plant, 35% of which was the contribution of domestic entrepreneurs and the remaining 65% was foreign investments.

Construction and commissioning of plants for the production of gypsum board and paper bags is planned on the base of the new cement plant.

The annual production capacity of the plant is 1.2 million tons of cement, and this plant and other two plants to be constructed at the second phase would provide 850 specialists and workers with permanent jobs.

Tajikistan now has 12 cement plants which altogether produced 1.037 million tons of cement in January-July this year, 248 thousand tons more than in the same period last year, Avesta news agency reported.

The total production capacity of Tajikistan’s cement plants is four million tons per year.

Tajikistan’s annual demand for cement is estimated at 3 million-3.5 million tons.

In 2015, Tajikistan produced 1.4 million tons of cement.

Sergey Kwan

TCA