ASTANA (TCA) â€” The Eurasian Economic Commission has supported the initiative of Kazakhstanâ€™s Health Ministry to ban the use of smokeless tobacco products (nasvai, snuff and chewing tobacco) in the Customs Union countries of Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Russia, Novosti-Kazakhstan reported citing National Coalition â€śFor Kazakhstan Free of Tobacco Smokeâ€ť.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” KazAgroFinance, the financial operator for implementation of the state agricultural programs in Kazakhstan, has invested 2.1 billion tenge ($11.3 million) in the construction of the countryâ€™s largest greenhouse complex in southern Kazakhstan, Novosti-Kazakhstan reported.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Kyrgyzstanâ€™s Crystal plant will be sold at auction with a starting price of $4.6 million, KyrTAG news agency (www.kyrtag.kg) reported citing Bosumbek Kazakov, director of the Bankruptcy Department at the Kyrgyz Economy Ministry. The auction will take place on April 10 in the city of Tash-Komur in the Jalal-Abad province in southern Kyrgyzstan, where the plant is located.
DUSHANBE (TCA) - Weather-related events and increased demand came into play as the FAO Food Price Index registered its sharpest increase since mid-2012, averaging 208.1 points in February 2014, according to press release issued by FAO on March 6. Â The new level is 5.2 points, or 2.6 percent, above a slightly revised index for January, but is still 2.1 percent lower than last year at the same time.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ Issues related to creation of legal foundation for trade and economic cooperation between Tajikistan and the Republic of Serbia were discussed here last week at a meeting of Tajik Minister of Economic Development and Trade Sharif Rahimzoda with Serbiaâ€™s Ambassador to Tajikistan Slavenko Terzic, according to the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade (MoEDT) press center.
DUSHANBE (TCA) - Nazarali Rahmatulloyev, an official with the Interior Ministry traffic police department, announced the launch of biometric driving licenses in Tajikistan at a press conference in Dushanbe on March 4.
11/03/2014 Turkmenistan increases petroleum production
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€”The oil refining growth rate hit 101.6 percent in Turkmenistan in January-February 2014 and the production target was fulfilled by 104.8 percent, the Turkmen government said on March 7.
11/03/2014 Turkmenistan reports stable economic growth
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€”Turkmenistanâ€™s economy grew at a stable pace according to macroeconomic indicators. This issue was discussed at a government meeting that summed up socioeconomic development of the country over two months of the current year, Turkmenistan.ru reported.
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€”Turkmenistan and Turkey have discussed topical issues of development of bilateral relations in Ankara over the entire spectrum of cooperation, a message from the government of Turkmenistan said on March 10.
DUBAI (TCA) â€” The Trade & Investment Central Asia seminar took place in Dubai yesterday to highlight business and investment opportunities in Central Asia, Dubai Exports, the export promotion agency of the Government of Dubai, said in a press release.
TASHKENT (TCA) â€” Uzbekistan President Islam Karimov has ordered top state officials to obtain special approval before traveling abroad in order to safeguard state secrets. The presidentâ€™s decree was signed last week and published in Uzbek media yesterday.
10/03/2014 International community has spent â‚¬45 mln for strengthening security on the Tajik-Afghan border
10/03/2014 German company reportedly ready to participate in implementation of energy projects in Tajikistan
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ German company, Siemens Energy Sector, which is one of the four sectors of German multinational engineering and electronics conglomerate company, Siemens AG, is reportedly ready to participate in implementation of energy projects in Tajikistan.
KABUL (TCA) â€” During his visit to Afghanistan last week, Asian Development Bank (ADB) President Takehiko Nakao reassured the Afghan government of the bankâ€™s commitment to continue the countryâ€™s support during and after the current period of transition.
TASHKENT (TCA) â€” According to the State Statistics Committee of Uzbekistan, in 2013 the countryâ€™s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) amounted to 118.987 trillion Uzbek soums ($53.6 billion), an 8-percent increase on-year. However, independent economists are doubtful about this figure, independent online newspaper UzMetronom.com reports.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” The World Bank and the Finance Ministry of Kyrgyzstan last Friday signed an agreement for the $2.8 million grant from the Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF) to increase agricultural productivity in Kyrgyzstan through support for the expansion of the community seed fund system in the country. The funds will be managed by the Kyrgyz Government and the project will be supervised by the World Bank.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Could the republics of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan see some unofficial territory move from Afghanistan into their respective domains? It could be considered a lot less imaginary than it looks at first sight. Due to Americaâ€™s intervention following the September 11 attacks on the USA â€“ orchestrated by mainly Middle-East based terrorist groups with only a sideline leading to Afghanistan, the latter country has seen a wall put up around it for about a decade. Now, with the departure of the Americans and their allies, that wall is due to crumble. With Tajik, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Turkmen and even Kazakh communities dominating the northern regions and no Pashtun, the Talibanâ€™s ethnic basis, to speak of in sight, the scenario looks quite possible.
08/03/2014 Energy positive city to appear in Kazakhstan
ASTANA (TCA) â€” The first energy positive city in the world will appear in Kazakhstan , Minister of the Environment and Water Resources, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Astana EXPO -2017 national Company Nurlan Kapparov said on March 4.
- 08/03/2014 Kazakh Deputy FM takes part in the Conference on Disarmament in Geneva 
- 08/03/2014 Kazakh Ambassador to Jordan met with Jordanian Lower House Speaker 
- 08/03/2014 CASA-1000: Central Asia north-south power link subject to doubt, criticism 
- 08/03/2014 ITC business guide on Tajikistanâ€™s accession to WTO 
- 08/03/2014 More than 1 mln Tajik citizens now stay in Russia, says Russiaâ€™s FMS 
- 08/03/2014 World Bank supported initiative promotes effective public procurement system 
- 07/03/2014 Ukrainian scenario may repeat in other CIS countries, experts say 
- 07/03/2014 Kazakhstan interested in further strengthening of economic & political partnership with China 
- 07/03/2014 Ashgabat, Kabul discuss implementation process of TAPI gas pipeline project 
- 07/03/2014 Turkmen Foreign Ministry holds meeting with head of ICRC in Central Asia 
- 07/03/2014 Kazakhstan president calls to modernize army, develop defense industry 
- 07/03/2014 Large German companies interested in investing in Kazakhstan 
- 07/03/2014 CSTO Military Committee discusses establishment of common air-defense and anti-missile system 
- 07/03/2014 Tajik capital makes preparations for Navrouz celebrations 
- 07/03/2014 Tajikistan ranked the last among CA nations in terms of entrepreneurship and opportunity 
- 07/03/2014 OSCE representatives present BMSCâ€™s opportunities to CSTO Secretariat in Moscow 
- 07/03/2014 National labor migration strategy discussed in Dushanbe 
- 07/03/2014 Tajik Women-Lawyers League granted Observerâ€™s status to the European Union of Women 
- 06/03/2014 Kazakhstan ahead of all Central Asian countries on business opportunity ranking 
- 06/03/2014 Qatarâ€™s Ambassador accredited to Turkmenistan