13/12/2013 Accidental blast outside ISAF Kabul HQ
WASHINGTON (TCA) - Natalya Antelava, a BBC Â reporter Â in Central Asia, speak s in New York and Washington D.C. on her findings Â on Â the Â forced Â sterilization Â of Â women Â in Uzbekistan, Â on Â 10-13 Â Dec Â 2013. Â The Open Society Foundation helped fund her research and report.Â
12/12/2013 Popular Uzbek tabloids stop operating
TASHKENT (TCA) - The most popular tabloids of Uzbekistan â€“ Darakchi and Sogdiana â€“ were not printed on Wednesday, December 11. The day before their websites were also shut down. Â
12/12/2013 Turkmen Foreign Ministry holds meeting with Special Representative of UN Secretary General for Afghanistan
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€”Foreign Ministry of Turkmenistan held a meeting with Special Representative of the UN Secretary General for Afghanistan yesterday, head of the UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan, Jan Kubis, who arrived in Ashgabat to take part in the International Conference 'Neutrality of Turkmenistan: Strategy of peace, security and sustainable development' dedicated to the 18th anniversary of Turkmen state neutral status, the Turkmen Foreign Ministry's press service reported.
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€”Foreign Ministry of Turkmenistan held a meeting with Secretary General of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Dmitry Mezentsev yesterday, who arrived in Ashgabat to take part in the international conference dedicated to neutrality of Turkmenistan, the Turkmen Foreign Ministry's press service reported.
12/12/2013 New nature reserve opens in Turkmenistan
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€”New nature reserve â€śBereketli Karakumâ€ť (fertile Karakum) opened in Turkmenistan.It was created in the north of Akhal province this summer in accordance with the presidential decree.
12/12/2013 Uzbek cotton is used to make banknotes
TASHKENT (TCA) - Even though Uzbekistan has reduced the amount of child labor used during its annual cotton harvest, activists say it continues to force adults and older children into the fields. The Korean government uses Uzbek cotton to make banknotes. Courtesy of Cotton Campaign KOMSCO Daewoo imports cotton produced by Uzbek forced labor. Â
12/12/2013 International arbitration on Kyrgyzstanâ€™s Jerooy gold deposit postponed for January 2014
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” International arbitration on Kyrgyzstanâ€™s Jerooy gold deposit has been postponed until January 2014, the Law Department of the State Agency of Geology and Mineral Resources of Kyrgyzstan said.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” Kazakhstan Aselsan Engineering, a joint venture of Kazakhstan Engineering and Turkeyâ€™s top military electronics company andÂ largest defense firm Aselsan, has opened a $44 million plant in Kazakhstan.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€“ Government of the Kyrgyz Republic has made a decision â€śOn approval of state registration of rights and restrictions of rights to immovable property and transactions with it.â€ť
ASTANA (TCA) - Kazakhstan plans to set a visa-free regime for 34 member-countries of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development in 2014. Â
11/12/2013 Tajikistan amends its Penal Code
DUSHANBE (TCA) - Deputies of Tajikistanâ€™s lower house (Majlisi Namoyandagon) of parliament have endorsed the bill requiring amendments to the countryâ€™s Penal Code.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Inflows of foreign direct investment in January - September 2013 amounted to $ 685.8 million, and increased compared to the same period last year by 1.7 times, the National Statistics Committee of Kyrgyzstan reported.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€”Â Bishkek will host a two-day conference "Investment Incentives. Practice of Central Asia", held under the auspices of the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the Ministry of Economy of Kyrgyzstan.Â
KABUL (TCA) â€” After more than a decade of war, Afghans have another tough year ahead. In 2014, they face the complete withdrawal of international combat forces, a tapering off of aid money, a weak economy, a continuing insurgency, and elections for a new president, VOA News reports.
KABUL (TCA) â€” Afghan intelligence â€“ National Directorate of Security (NDS) announced Tuesday that coordinated attacks were foiled by Afghan security forces in capital Kabul, according to Khaama Press.
11/12/2013 Karzai lashes out at U.S. 'threats'
KABUL (TCA) â€” Afghan President Hamid Karzai has accused the United States of behaving like a colonial power in the dispute over a Bilateral Security Agreement (BSA) needed for some U.S. forces to stay in Afghanistan after 2014, RFE/RL reports.
ASTANA (TCA) - Bitcoin currency may be a threat to the financial system of Kazakhstan, Vice-Minister of Finance of Kazakhstan Ruslan Dalenov said.
- 11/12/2013 China, Afghanistan, Pakistan agree to enhance cooperation 
- 11/12/2013 USA sees no hurdles for Kazakhstan to enter WTO 
- 11/12/2013 Afghan army detains two US citizens over links with Taliban 
- 11/12/2013 Uzbek-American consultations begin in Washington 
- 11/12/2013 Afghanistan's 'Iran Option' 
- 10/12/2013 Islam Karimov and Lukoil President discuss new wave of cooperation 
- 10/12/2013 Is Rustam Karimov a new successor for Uzbek's throne? 
- 10/12/2013 Japan supports 5 projects in Tajikistan, aiming to improve conditions of various sectors 
- 10/12/2013 Tajik, Japanese parliaments to boost bilateral cooperation 
- 10/12/2013 Governments, UNICEF call for inclusion of all children in quality learning 
- 10/12/2013 Kazakhstan and Korea to boost economic cooperation 
- 10/12/2013 Turkmenistan increases fines for smoking in public places 
- 10/12/2013 Package of agreements are signed during Turkmen Presidentâ€™s visit to UAE 
- 10/12/2013 Turkmen State Development Bank to finance development of Turkmenabat chemical plant 
- 10/12/2013 India to deliver two Cheeth helicopters to Afghanistan 
- 10/12/2013 Kazakhstan to significantly increase its defense expenditure 
- 10/12/2013 Uzbek leader's daughter gives exclusive interview to Turkish paper 
- 10/12/2013 U.S. embassy organizes photo exhibition in Astana to focus on persons with disabilities 
- 10/12/2013 Kazakhstan to reconstruct 30 thousand kilometers of roads until 2020 
- 10/12/2013 Hollywood film immortalizes death of 19 US troops in Afghanistan