BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Police has taken legal proceedings against Â«Full gold miningÂ», which is engaged in the development of the Deposit Â«IshtamberdiÂ», for the illegal silver extraction and sale. The management of the company rejects the accusations.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” â€śWe waited for this event for a long time,â€ť Kanat Dosmukametov, deputy chairman of EDB board, said at the opening ceremony last Friday.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€” During his visit to China on Sunday, Tajik President Emomali Rahmon met with the head of the Chinese company China Global.
KABUL (TCA) â€” Afghan President Hamid Karzai met on May 18 with Irina Bokova, the Director General of UNESCO, according to the press service of Afghan president.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€” China Development Bank and Zijin Mining Group will allocate $140 million for the expansion of production capacity of gold-mining joint venture Zarafshon in northern Tajikistan.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” Spain and Portugal will cooperate with Kazakhstan in the preparation for the EXPO-2017, KazTAG reports citing Kazakh Foreign Minister Yerlan Idrissov.
KABUL (TCA) â€” A heavy explosion rocked northern Baghlan province of Afghanistan on Monday morning, killing or injuring at least 25 people including provincial council chief Mohammad Rasoul Mohsini, according to Khaama Press.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Kyrgyzstanâ€™s customs service last week seized a batch of cars from Japan with high radiation background at the Alamedin station in the northern Chui oblast, KazTAG reported.
KABUL (TCA) â€” The national security council (NSC) of Afghanistan on Sunday instructed Afghan finance ministry provide $100 million to Afghan defense ministry for the purchase of 5 Russian made transport air-crafts, according to Khaama Press.
KABUL (TCA) â€” Afghan President Hamid Karzai today opens his three-day trip to India, during which he is expected to seek more Indian assistance for Afghanistanâ€™s armed forces, RFE/RL reported on Sunday. Mr. Karzai is expected to stay in India until May 22.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Children and young people in Kyrgyzstan have until 27 May to enter art competitions themed on Great Britainâ€™s heritage as well as relations with the Kyrgyz Republic.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Recently, the new American Secretary of State mistakenly referred to Kyrgyzstan as â€śKyrzakhstanâ€ť. No offense or disrespect was intended; Americans frequently confuse these two Central Asian countries.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€” Official top-level negotiations between Tajikistan and Thailand have been held during a meeting between the President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon and the Prime Minister of Thailand Mrs. Yingluck Shinawatra, the press service of Tajikistan President reported.
19/05/2013 Turkmenistan pardons prisoners in honor of Day of Revival, Unity and Poetry of Magtymguly
ASHGHABAT (TCA) â€”Â President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov signed the decree â€śOn pardoning of prisoners in honor of the Day of Revival, Unity and Poetry of Magtymgulyâ€ť, the press service of Turkmenistan Government reported yesterday.
19/05/2013 Kyrgyzstan celebrates Mother's Day
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Today Kyrgyzstan celebrates one of the remarkable holiday -Mother's Day. In the eve of this holiday the Kyrgyz president, Almazbek Atambaev held a solemn event in the residence Ala-Archa, devoted to Mother's Day, and congratulated all citizens of Kyrgyzstan, reported the press service of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic.
ASHGHABAT (TCA) â€” The Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Spain to Turkmenistan, Jose Ignacio Karbahal, presented credentials to Speaker of the Mejlis (Parliament) of Turkmenistan Akja Nurberdieva, the press service of Turkmenistan Foreign Ministry reported.
TASHKENT (TCA) â€• Asia Communication Awards is one of the largest independent awards in the field of communications. The award is given to telecommunication companies of Asia and managers in 13 nominations for achievements in the field of innovations, introducing successful products and services, as also assisting in development of the industry.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” Since 2005 the total volume of Kazakh investments in Kyrgyzstan amounted to approximately $1 billion, said the representative of Kazakh Academy of Labor and Social Relations, Dzhamilja Abdullaeva at the V International youth forum Jash Ilimpoz.
BISHKEK (TCA) - Central Asia is a region where the legacy of the Soviet period weighs far more heavily than elsewhere in the post-Communist world. We have no neighbors who can serve as examples of liberal democracy.
- 18/05/2013 Vatican delegation received at Foreign Ministry of Turkmenistan 
- 18/05/2013 President of Tajikistan departs for Thailand, China on official visits 
- 18/05/2013 Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan sign protocol on further enhancing interaction 
- 18/05/2013 Almaty hosts SAP forum 2013 
- 17/05/2013 Turkmenistan and EU discuss cooperation in legal field 
- 17/05/2013 Tajikistan to step up drug control procedures in trains en route to Russia 
- 17/05/2013 President Rahmon, ex-President of Switzerland discuss abolishment of death penalty in Tajikistan 
- 17/05/2013 Kyrgyz parliament vote to declare Zhirinovsky persona non-grata 
- 17/05/2013 Petrovietnam to start exploration at Ustyurt in Uzbekistan by year-end 
- 17/05/2013 Kyrgyz think tank founder works to bring positive changes to his country 
- 17/05/2013 Kyrgyzstan will receive $12 million to fight tuberculosis in 2013-2015 
- 17/05/2013 Uzbek arrested on terror charges in Idaho 
- 17/05/2013 Anti-American sentiment in Afghanistan 
- 17/05/2013 U.S. government supports Osh State University in Kyrgyzstan 
- 17/05/2013 OSCE, EU and UNODC support income-generation activities in Kyrgyzstanâ€™s penitentiary system 
- 16/05/2013 Eurasian Development Bank and Asian Development Bank to finance infrastructure projects in Kyrgyzstan 
- 16/05/2013 Presidents of Turkmenistan and Latvia issued Joint Statement on outcomes of summit talks in Ashgabat 
- 16/05/2013 The first Consulting Week is being held in Tajikistan 
- 16/05/2013 Portugal to open consular office in Kazakhstan 
- 16/05/2013 Kazakhstan may get $34 million for fighting tuberculosis